Re: Weird brake question # 163

To: p.alferink3@chello.nl (Pim Alferink)
Subject: Re: Weird brake question # 163
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 23:31:17 -0700 (PDT)
Pim---You make a good case for the pedal drop being related to parts in
the rear braking system. My reply is just to state that it is not an
inherent engineering design fault you and some others are experiencing.
I can only say that my own car does not exhibit this pedal drop while
stopping during a backup. I'm on my second set of replacement rear
shoes, original drums not 'turned', and the cylinders have never been
touched. I also use DOT 4, tho I'm not sure this would make any
difference.

Maybe it's time to poll the Listers to see how widespread this condition
is, and what steps may have been taken to correct this. List?

DickT.
'73