Re: First Cross Country Trip (in the dead of winter)

To: red_tr250@hotmail.com, lang@isis.mit.edu, bregal@wi.rr.com
Subject: Re: First Cross Country Trip (in the dead of winter)
From: ROVER827@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 19:28:20 EST
Gang:

when I said it would be uncomfortable, I didn't just mean the seats, which
can be OK if the foam has been replaced lately.

It's mostly the other stuff:

--wind noise at highway speeds.
--wind leaks around the convertible top frame in the window area
--No place for your left foot
--Eye strain trying to read the gauges at night (they are not bright by
modern standards)
--No place to rest your left arm

TR6s are great. I have had 7. But they are really only tolerable for day
trips and car club outings.
I've never driven one in the snow, but I can imagine that it would be a bear
to steer straight.

Richard Truett
1971 TR6
1980 TR7 Spider