Re: Why not "pro" cone chasers?

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Why not "pro" cone chasers?
From: "Brad Cox" <coxb@trimofran.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 09:15:12 -0500
> > The era of those type of car nuts (I
> >am guilty, as my wife will attest), are long gone.

Thank goodness this statement is completely untrue.  Not that chasing cones
is social hour or anything, but it's a great way to get to know some of the
racers whom I would not normally meet.

IMHO, I don't think I'm that weird because I don't mind devoting an entire
day to an autocross.  Having been involved in other competitive, organized
events, I can say the SOLO 2 folks are by far the friendliest.  Why?
Because unfriendly people tend to be the same ones who "soak" off a good
thing without ever giving any time to it.  SOLO2 is structured to keep these
types uninterested, and I think that's a very good thing.

-brad
(ps: DG, thanx for the compelling topics!  Brainstorming is always good.)