Re: Why not "pro" cone chasers?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Why not "pro" cone chasers?
From: 94kart <94kart@nycap.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 11:17:52 -0400
I'm just returning to Autocross after a 20 year hiatus,(well actually my
son is autocrossing his cage kart). Nothing appears to have changed. you
may only get 6 mins of seat time but it's still the most intense 6 mins
of your life. The work assignments don't seem to have changed much. You
still have  15-20 mins  cone chasin between runs. Then as now I view the
cone chasin as classroom time, You get a front row seat to look for the
fast line and how to avoid the bad spots.
    Maybe this is comparing Apples to Oranges & karts to cars but as a
comparison,We normaly race ovals, seat time between practice heats and
features total about 13 mins. twice as much seat time but 3 times the
cost and according to my son half the fun.

Rick Crowe