Re: Why not "pro" cone chasers?

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Why not "pro" cone chasers?
From: Kenneth Allan Mitchell <nokones@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 17:53:37 -0700
After reading some of the postings on this subject, it appears that
some people don't like coming to an autocross event to just get 2
minutes of driving with an hour or so work detail, and go home. Sounds
like these people have something better to do than come to an
autocross event, and/or are just plain bored with the lack of action.
Personally, I see all kinds of action at an event and stay all day and
I do this at approx. 40-50 events a year.

I have always thought that autocrossing was not a competitive event
but a social happening occasionally interupted with some driving, and
where you swap lies and hang with more friends that you ever imagine
at any other public gathering. Also, I thought an autocross event is
where you can learn the dynamics of a car and to learn from other
drivers on how to setup the car or be a better driver.

It seems to me if an individual comes to an autocross event and leave
after they met their work obligation at each event, they are missing
the true objective of this sport, having fun.

Ok, I give up - why come to an autocross event. Then, go do whatever
and have fun at what you do best, or take out the trash, do the
dishes, paint the house, babysit the goldfish, or hang wallpaper.
We'll continue to hang out in hot and dusty parking lots and hang with
our crazy friends that have the same common interest in having fun,
and of course wasting a lot of money at the sametime.

Sounds good to me!

--
Kenneth Allan Mitchell
mailto:nokones@ix.netcom.com