Re: Superspeedways

To: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@gdi.net>, <SlyFoxRc@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Superspeedways
From: "kart38" <kart38@home.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 19:12:02 -0600
>Unacceptable risk in my opinion. And Carroll Smith for one agrees with
>me.

All drivers know and accept the risk, I do every time I get in my kart.  You
get to the point to were you don't think about it.  You don't even think
about accidents when on the track.  I have seen a few bad accidents in races
I have been in.  When you first see the accident (or wreckage) you hope the
driver is okay.  You soon put it out of your mind though.  You have to, it
would be impossible to race if you couldn't.

>> It was tragic, but Greg Moore died doing what he loved,
>> it also happened to be his job........few of us are that
>> fortunate.
>
>Do you think he would agree with you if he was alive today? I don't.

If I had to pick when I died it would be while doing what I love.  My only
problem with this is I wouldn't want to cause harm to others.

Jason