Re: Stock Category brake lines

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stock Category brake lines
From: Jeff Cashmore <cashmo@execpc.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 01:22:42 -0600
"Why would stainless steel be MORE prone to wear and abrasion than OEM
rubber?  I'd think it'd be the opposite!"

I believe the reason they fail on road racing cars is because of the
frequent brake pad replacements made at the track.  If you hang the
caliper from the steel brake line it will kink and eventually fail.
Solo guys may change brake pads once a year and have/take the time to
hang the caliper on a coat hook off the spring/strut.  Road racers may
change pads twice a day and usually try to balance the caliper on their
knee/foot.  Not that I would EVER do that.  :)
--
Jeff Cashmore
http://www.execpc.com/~cashmo/specrx7.html = Spec Rx7 startup info