Re: Stock Category brake lines

To: "Chris Marsh" <cmarsh90@hotmail.com>, schenker@mediaone.net,
Subject: Re: Stock Category brake lines
From: Jarrod Igou <jigou@dmreg.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 12:38:22 -0600
A quick Internet search pointed me to:
http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Performance/brakelines.htm

The two common reasons cited for braided SS brake line failure:

* Stainless steel lines have been known to fail when dirt gets between the
outer braid and the Teflon lining
* The ends separate from the tubing on cheaper sets

The page goes into a little bit more detail, as well as discussing some
failures.

Jarrod

At 12:27 PM 11/17/1999 , Chris Marsh wrote:
>I'm not sure why, but I know of several cases where braided steel brake
>lines broke, I don't know of ANY where regular rubber OEM hoses did the same
>thing, anybody know why?
>
>Chris Marsh
>

> >Paul,
> >
> >Why would stainless steel be MORE prone to wear and abrasion than OEM
> >rubber?  I'd think it'd be the opposite!
> >
> >TIA
> >
> >Bill Schenker

Jarrod Igou    jigou@dmreg.infi.net OR bluegsr@hotmail.com
1999 Integra GS-R - SuperSonic Blue Pearl
Des Moines, Iowa