Re: Stock Category brake lines

Subject: Re: Stock Category brake lines
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 13:30:59 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, washburn wrote:
> What I was thinking of was the flexible lines braided with stainless
> steel wrapping.  The short piece at each wheel. I don't see how these
> are subject to more abrasion than the rubber ones.  You may be right,
> but I think the rule was aimed more at these flexible parts at the
> wheels, than for the entire system.

I dunno if this applies here, but in my experience steel braided lines,
when mounted incorrectly, have a tendency to chew through _other_ parts
they come in contact with.  Things like kevlar lines I've heard suffer
from UV hardening, but that's more unsubstntiated.

Both tidbits from motorcycle racing knowledge.

Mark