RE: Stock Classing (was: Marque Clubs)

To: "Jamie Sculerati" <jamies@mrj.com>,
Subject: RE: Stock Classing (was: Marque Clubs)
From: "Kevin Stevens" <Kevin_Stevens@Bigfoot.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 12:53:03 -0800
Ok, fine - how far down do you want to extend your classes?  5 seconds slower
than the top of HS?  Keep the same number of classes and spread things out so
you have a 1 second differential between classes?  Now you have cars in EACH
class that are a full second slower than the class leaders WHEN FULLY PREPPED.
Half a second, ok, course dependency can play a role.  A full second and you're
disenfranchising a good number of "real" cars.  Can't move 'em down because
they'd be overdogs.

Ok, so lets add TEN MORE stock classes, and keep a .5 second differential.  How
are you going to populate ten classes with cars that are slower than the top HS
cars?  How are you even going to get reasonable classing info on those cars?

There's a whole ton of POS cars out there on the road.  You can't reasonably
cater to all of them.  I'm glad the SCAC/SCCA spends most of it's time trying to
handle the cars that most *sports car* enthusiasts are interested in.

And I'll keep saying it - a 7 year obsolescence rule for Stock class would help
a lot with these issues.

KeS