Re: What's wrong with this pitcure?!?

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What's wrong with this pitcure?!?
From: "Kent Rafferty" <gs96@sgi.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 11:23:53 -0500
There is strong support for allowing the 944 series
into SM. It won't happen this year but it is actively
being discussed on the SM list.  I personally would
love to have them included and locally we have a 944
turbo running in SM.  It takes time to build a class
and no one, especially Howard, is interested in
excluding cars that fit the performance parameters of
SM.

I would also like to point out that SM ran first heat
Thurs/Fri at Nationals and conditions should be
factored in when comparing times between classes.

Kent Rafferty

> A friend of mine is campaigning on a Porsche mailing
list to get people
> to write letters to the SEB to allow Porsche
944/824/968 cars in SM,
> something I have been arguing ever since Dennis Grant
decided to exclude
> them. Here is a response from our own Howard Duncan
to Brian Bailey, who
> is apparently also interested in seeing this happen
from that very same
> mailing list:
>

> So there you have it. AS times were better than SM
because AS is full of
> totally prepared cars and talented drivers while SM
was thinly
> subscribed but Mr. Duncan is afraid that the rice
burner crowd won't
> want to come out and bolster his Pro Solo numbers if
they have to
> compete against other 4 SEATER CARS! I suggest Mr.
Duncan concentrate on
> his PAID job and leave car classification
philosophies to the SEB.