Re: What's wrong with this pitcure?!?

To: "Chuck McMillion" <chuck@decaturnet.com>,
Subject: Re: What's wrong with this pitcure?!?
From: "Scot Zediker" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 15:05:12 -0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Chuck McMillion" <chuck@decaturnet.com>
To: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@gdi.net>
Cc: <autox@autox.team.net>
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2000 9:28 AM

<snip>

> The Supra is classed in SS with the RX-7 and the 944 is in AS.  Based on
> that quick look at the rule book, why not let the 944 2+2 or even the
300ZX
> 2+2 into SM. oh wait those are sports cars!  But again, what about the
> Supra?

Actually, the 8-valve NA 944 is in CS, but all other variations are in AS.
And since you brought up the 300ZX, I think it would be a good fit for SM.
IMO, the Z31 platform isn't much of a sports car (I used to own one) but
could be made reasonably quick.  The Z32 model is pretty close to the Supra
in terms of potential, but very heavy.

I'd love to see an SM variant for 2-seaters and other excluded cars.  For
the price of a turbo kit, I'd have a really hot car for such a class!

Scot
'91 CS Miata