RE: magnetic numbers

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: magnetic numbers
From: Larry Joffe <spdrcr5@bigfoot.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 15:01:40 -0500
--> "James Laukaitis" <jim5@us.ibm.com> wrote:
--> >
--> >Disclaimer: I will not be help responsible for anyone who
--> doesn't use
--> >common sense to put some cardboard between the magnetic
--> >material and thier kitchen table. Nor will I be help responsible
--> >and loss of blood, limbs or life.
-->
--> I could have saved you 4 nights of production time and writing
--> a disclaimer, Jim.  Magnetic sheet cuts cleanly with standard
--> scissors!  I've been tempted to try the paper cutter at work
--> next time that I need a straight line (like for SCCA decals),
--> but I haven't had the need to do it yet.
-->
--> Stupid question of the week.  Has anybody ever seen vinyl decal
--> (bumper sticker?) stock in 8.5" X 11" that could be printed on
--> by a laser printer (or inkjet)???  I've got this nice, shiny
--> color laser in my office.....
-->
--> -Arthur ("Doesn't own an X-acto knife" edition.)

Art:

The magnetic material will be too thick to go through the laser printer.  It
also will not be able to make the various turns within the laser printer!

Going through some inkjets might work, but a better solution for you would
be to purchase white vinyl and cut that into 8.5" x 11" and send that
through the color laser printer!  :)

Larry Joffe
SM #27/127
2000 Audi TT Quattro