Re: magnetic numbers

To: "Arthur Emerson" <vreihen@hotmail.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: magnetic numbers
From: "Rick Brown" <free2000@quixnet.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 12:07:51 -0800
> Stupid question of the week.  Has anybody ever seen vinyl decal
> (bumper sticker?) stock in 8.5" X 11" that could be printed on
> by a laser printer (or inkjet)???  I've got this nice, shiny
> color laser in my office.....
>
> -Arthur ("Doesn't own an X-acto knife" edition.)

Well, it sorta works.  I have large sheets of vinyl decal stock (we print
bumper stickers and decals besides T-shirts) and cut some down to run thru
my laser.  Two problems:  The toner doesn't really bond that well - if you
stretch it the toner will flake off and because of the heat the printer uses
to melt the toner into paper the vinyl gets very soft and can even seperate
from the backing and jam the printer.  Other possibility would be to buy
full sheet lable stock and print on that.  Won't last as long, but you can
apply a clear spray coating which would help.  Inkjet doesn't have heat
problem, but I doubt the ink would adhere.

Rick (working on El Toro Pro T-shirt design) Brown
FP 240Z