Re: Emergency Weather (Was: Re: Petition to Keep Speedvision)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Emergency Weather (Was: Re: Petition to Keep Speedvision)
From: CHARLES SCHULTZ <n2pua4@peoplepc.com>
Date: 3 Jul 2001 07:24:17 -0700
I assumed you were only using that as an example, but I decided to use it as an
excuse to go on a rant about one of my favorite subjects - weather safety.

It scares the h*ll out of me when I see 150,000 folks in the stands at a big
NASCAR event with lightning flashing in the distance.  I'm starting to think
they should red-flag the event if the lightning is close.  What to do with
lightning in the air at an event like the 24 hours of LeMans or an F1 race is
more problematic.

SCCA events should shut down for nearby lightning, too, although there's
certainly no reason to stop for rain or snow.