Re: SM2 status?

To: <bluemr2@mac.com>
Subject: Re: SM2 status?
From: "Cadero2dMax" <gryan3@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 19:05:44 -0600
I am not sure what Brian means by SM2 having an opportunity, as I said earlier
our region hasn't even received their rulebooks yet to decipher this class.

BUT - I can tell you that there are a number of regions that - despite Dennis'
efforts to confine the SM class to 4 doors - have allowed the 2 door cars to
run in SM. And you know what? They found that a 2700 pound Fiero weighed as
much as a 2700 pound Honda!! They didn't see domination by the 2 seater cars.

I personally don't think SM2 is needed, I think that the restrictions Dennis
built into the rules - rumored to be for his own personal benefit - should be
lifted in SM to allow the 2 seaters to play in that class.

That being said, until that time I think SM2 will gradually build into a well
subscribed class. I personally do not see fit to put my daily driver Fiero
against Tamandli in E-Mod. There is only a 1000+ weight difference, tube frame
against space frame, Chevette front suspension against - - well, you get the
idea.

There will be a number of Fieros competing in SM2 this year, at least at the
regional level. That chassis can accept any engine that GM has built in the
past 20 years except the diesel. And I will be one of them playing in SM2 with
my daily driver V8 Fiero.

On Thu, 7 Mar 2002 at 17:55:29