Re: re progressive insurance cancellations

To: "'AutoX'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: re progressive insurance cancellations
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 07:58:58 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Sat, 9 Mar 2002, Joe Goeke wrote:
> That's because the insurance companies are uninformed, uneducated, and quite
> simply are not out to serve their clients.  They simply only want to make
> money from them.

Duh.  After all, they're a business.

> I don't condone false claims to get the insurance companies to cover an
> autox accident, but I can see how the insurance companies have set them
> selves up for them.

What?  How does that follow?  Or do you mean that insurance companies
should cover autox claims directly so that false claims aren't necessary?

That's an opinion I guess.  Personally if I were writing up policy
guidelines, I'd offer two versions.  #1 would deny coverage at any
competition event, timed event, or racetrack activity.  #2 would provide
coverage for single car compeition events, single car timed events, and
limited passing driving schools/track days.

#1 would get a slightly cheaper rate.  Tell me you haven't heard of
someone stuffing their car at a track day...

I don't support a company dropping someone for autocrossing unless they
say somewhere in the policy that they'll do that.  If they do, then you
shoulda read the damn thing.  If they don't, threaten a suit / sue.

Mark