RE: re progressive insurance cancellations

To: "AutoX" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: re progressive insurance cancellations
From: "David Walker" <david.walker@lonemustang.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 20:58:36 -0700
I think some more info regarding those two cancellation could be helpful.
For all we know, these folks might have filed claims recently for damage
suspected to have occurred at an event.  I doubt it, but we just don't know.

At face value, though, the situation appears to be grounds for a pretty
awesome class-action lawsuit if someone wanted to make the effort.  Any
Attorneys on the list?

As others have mentioned here, having one's name appear on some Solo results
does not, by itself, prove default of an insurance agreement in any way.
Even if my entry shows the same make and model of a car that is insured, it
doesn't mean that it was THAT VIN number that competed.  And even if their
policy had clauses against covering losses incurred at such an event, I'd be
surprised if the policy's language says that they won't provide any kind of
coverage to anyone who has ever been to an autocross.

If the allegations prove to be true, I can assure Progressive that they'll
never see a penny of my money,  Yeah, they'd probably say "thank you," but
only because they're too foolish to realize that they'd make more money with
me than without me, autocrosser or not.

dw