re progressive insurance cancellations

To: "AutoX" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: re progressive insurance cancellations
From: "Dan Morency" <DMorency@gwi.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 16:13:29 -0500
I've received 8-10 messages within a couple hours of my previous post. I'm
waiting for more detail from the affected parties. Both received letters
stating that their coverages were going to be cancelled due to the fact that
their names had been published on our web page autocross results.

I'll keep the list posted upon further receipt of information. And to those
that have asked, I would also assume that if Progressive were to get a hold
of a printed listing of results they would take the same actions.

I can understand writing an exclusion into a policy for timed events but
without data indicating an increase in claims due to such events there is no
logical excuse. It would appear that one should take just the opposite
stance, that those who attend and participate in such events should be
better drivers, resulting in lower claims.

Dan Morency
President (until tomorrow)

www.CumberlandMotorClub.com