Re: SCCA Membership - 18% increase

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SCCA Membership - 18% increase
From: Bob Pariza <bpariza@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 04:37:35 -0800 (PST)
 Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but here's how I see it:
Putting on any sort of motorsports event requires participants, an audience
(for professional level stuff at least) and money.  Now if the organization
that puts on the "event" doesn't have any money to make it happen, how many
events do you suspect there will be?  It strikes me as a simple case of voting
with your wallet.  Now if you really don't have it or can't spare it, that's
just fine.  I'm sorta thinking that (like most things) if you leave it all for
the "other guy" to take care of, it either won't get taken care of or it won't
be what you'd like it to be.
Another point to consider is that there are lots of people out there who don't
understand us and don't want to, who would be perfectly happy to hear that due
to a lack of interest motorsports is dying out in this country.  It seems
pretty straightforward to me.
A simple case of priorities, you will spend on what is important to you.
<end of speech>> I'll say it again here, the majority of Soloists, and SCCA
members, who