Re: SCCA Membership - 18% increase

To: Bruce Wentzel <greendotracing@netzero.net>
Subject: Re: SCCA Membership - 18% increase
From: John Lieberman <johnlee@softdisk.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 17:30:45 -0600
Bruce Wentzel wrote:

> That's what I recalled reading in FasTrack. Might have recalled wrong. From
> other conversations, it seems that there are mixed messages out there.

I think that's EXACTLY my point, Bruce.  This list is saturated with
mixed messages and opinions.  And we all know that opinions are like
*ssholes - everybody's got one and they all stink!  That's why I
suggested that any one of us who has an administrative question should
seek out the person who has the real ANSWER to that question and ask it
of that person.

> FWIW, I have been very favorably impressed with Steve Johnson.

I, too, share that impression.  He was only in his second full day on
the job when he called me at home to "chat" about the SCCA.  We were on
the phone for at least 30 minutes that evening.  Since then, I've had
countless discussions with him - on the phone, in person, or via email.
I've talked with him more during his relatively short tenure as our
President than I did with Nick Craw during his entire administration.  I
may be wrong, but I really think that Steve has our best interests at
heart and will do everything he can to move this organization back into
the forefront of motorsport activities (even though he may have to drag
some people kicking and screaming into the 21st century!)

If anybody still has doubts about who we are or where we're going, I
would strongly suggest that you pop over to your neighborhood bookstore
and pick up a copy of "Who Moved My Cheese?"  Our cheese has been moved
- and it's up to us to decide how we're going to deal with it.

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman