Re: How to get novices to "stick".

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: How to get novices to "stick".
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 19:20:41 -0400
Speaking as an "former novice" (we just won't say how many decades ago),
what got me to "stick" was when I started to "get a clue" how to drive.
Once I started to make progress I was HOOKED big time.

What seems to work well in the North Carolina and Virginia areas is to have
enough novice oriented schools and special treatment (course walks for
Novices, etc.) to give the newbies a chance to start making progress. Once
that happens the ones (like all of us) who are "susceptible" to the disease
will catch it.

Dick Rasmussen
CM 85
85 Van Diemen FF