Re: How to get novices to "stick".

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: How to get novices to "stick".
From: "David W. James" <vnend@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 16:30:09 -0400
On Wednesday, October 2, 2002, at 04:08 PM, Rick Brown wrote:
> Some regions do have stock tire classes,

And some clubs are on a completely different wavelength, dependent on what
their members do.  The local (these may be national rules, I don't know)
BMWCCA group, like most marque oriented clubs, has their own classification
system for BMWs.  Some mods that move you from stock to SP in SCCA don't
affect your placement in BMWCCA classes (strut braces I know, wheels maybe)
, but some that don't move you in SCCA do;  R-compound tires or an
adjustable (front) swaybar will move you from, for example, SS to SSM.

I like this, as it means that can run my street tires at BMW events and be
competitive and learn more about them (plus test the car's handling at the
limit) without wearing out my R-compounds.

The loss of the adjustable sway bar is annoying, but I can live with it. :
-)

David