Re: Tire Warming

To: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>, "JUSTIN MOORE"
Subject: Re: Tire Warming
From: "Bob Klingler" <bklingler@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 16:25:12 -0700
Rocky,

    OK, now that you have had you chance to make fun, try thinking about the
idea seriously. <G>
No air supply or pit crew is required; no more tools than we use now; two
people can easily do the job in 5-minutes without rushing.  In a heat of
40-50 cars, you would normally have 10-minutes or so between the two
drivers, running in a normal rotation.  You've just got to ask yourself if
we really important to level the playing field, or not.  If so, this is a
"solution" which does not cause a grid problem.  No longer do the two
drivers need to rush to adjust tire pressure and get #2 back out quickly,
because there is no longer an advantage in doing so.  And the work
assignment in grid gets easier, not more difficult.  The five-minute rule
becomes only important for reruns.

BK