RE: Tire Warming

To: "John Lieberman" <jlieberman@sport.rr.com>
Subject: RE: Tire Warming
From: "Knuckledragger" <knuckledragger@kcweb.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 12:07:02 -0600
-----Original Message-----
> At least they got rid of the logbook requirements
> for the SSS and Regional Club racing licenses.  Who actually kept those up
> to date?  I constantly lost mine and finally just gave up trying.

Actually, the log book is coming back - in a manner of speaking.  No, we
won't have those easy-to-lose and hard-to-remember blue cards.  Instead,
as I remember from our last discussion on the topic several months ago,
the log book will be printed in your rulebook.  This will give you a way
to keep track of the events you've worked and then transfer that
information to your renewal form when the time comes.

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman
A truly silly proposition if you ask me.  What's the justification and
where's the need for this?  Really?

If I am allowed to stand mere feet from the edge of a road race course, with
cars travelling by me at triple digit speeds in large packs, wave cautionary
flags at them, put out car fires, clean up fuild spills as the cars continue
to go past albeit at reduced "cautionary" speeds and possibly extricate a
driver if things went horribly awry, all with my regional F&C license and
without the need for a silly logbook, why on earth would I need one to
continue to retain my SSS licence?

Really, what kind of sense does that make?

Eric Linnhoff in KC
'98 Dodge Neon STS #69
www.geocities.com/eric10mm/KnuckleDragger
"A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining,
but wants it back the minute it begins to rain."
Mark Twain