Re: Protesting parts at local events

To: <bcblues@bis.midco.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Protesting parts at local events
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 17:02:21 -0500
One thing we have here in Salina Region (a small region like Badlands), is
an STO class -- "Street Touring Other." Our southern neighbor Wichita Region
runs it too.

Rules are simple -- Anything on ST-legal tires (140 treadwear rating or
higher). It's a run what ya brung class. Often it is our largest. We point
newbies there because even the Stock-legal newbies are on street rubber not
the DOT gumballs. One guy in the class has basically a CP Plymouth
Roadrunner on street tires, and no he does not dominate but is competitive
(often trophies, seldom wins). That way we have no worries about is he legal
or not because he has this or that widget on his car -- just go have fun.
Most will run it for a time while they learn about what other classes
require, then make the decision to go Stock or ST or whatever.

--Rocky Entriken