Re: Protesting parts at local events

To: scott@tengen.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Protesting parts at local events
From: pethier@isd.net
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 13:33:28 -0500
>As the solo chairman and at times doing registration I find it very
>annoying people come to an event and when asked what class, they look at
>you like a deer in the headlights!

In Met Council in the Twin Cities we have a class to solve that.  SI for
Special Interest.   Anyone can run any streetable car in this class until
they win the class.  Then they are banned from the class for life.  We
don't care if Mark Daddio shows up in an SM car, he can run SI.  Once, in
Mark's case.  :-)  We give trophy (and thereafter ban the driver) for only
first place.  No trophy (and no ban) unless there are at least three SI
entries.  SI does not get involved in bumping.

If a newbie shows up and has no idea of what class, it's SI.

We have no ladies' classes or novice classes.

Phil Ethier