Protesting parts at local events

To: "autox@autox.team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Protesting parts at local events
From: bcblues@bis.midco.net
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 16:53:16 -0500
I am Event Chairman at some of our local (Badlands Region) events.  I also
help tech the cars, and we get our fair share of local "import crowd" kids who
have plenty of bling and some go fast parts.  I always encourage them to class
themselves correctly, and many wind up in SM.  In fact, SM is typically
dominated by these import street cars on street tires, and they have a blast
competing against one another.  It is often our most competitive class, both
in terms of numbers and actual competition.  Of course, we have few cars
prepped to full SM potential (like - none most of the time), so it is probably
an unfair comparison to other regions with more fully prepped SM classes.
Still, I say get em all in the correct class, let em run, and let the chips
fall where they may.

Bob Christensen
Badlands Region