Settings for Koni shocks on Elan

To: chapman-era@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Settings for Koni shocks on Elan
From: Tor Hval <torhv@ifi.uio.no>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 19:24:57 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi again!
What is the recomended setting on the front shock absorbers which Koni has
made for the Elan. We have set them on 1,5 turns(?), but we still think it
is a bit to stiff(the car darts around on uneven roads) When we bought
the car the shocks was tighend as hard as it was possible, and the springs
were lowered and uprated(we swapped them back to standard last week).

Tor Hval <torhv@ifi.uio.no>

BTW: do you have any tricks when you want to adjust the shocks quickly?
(It is a bit dangerous since you have to compress the springs a lot
when you remove the shock absorber to adjust it)