Re: Settings for Koni shocks on Elan

To: Tor Hval <torhv@ifi.uio.no>
Subject: Re: Settings for Koni shocks on Elan
From: sean murray <snmurray@iol.ie>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 13:23:23 +0100
Hi Tor

At 08:50 22/05/98 +0200, you wrote:

>Pardon my lousy english(and/or mechanical incompetence), but what do you
>mean by "changed the settings in jig time", and the "shock adjuster
>flats".

"Jig time" is an expression meaning "very fast".  A jig is a type of Irish
music dance tune with a very fast tempo.

The "shock adjustor flats" are the two flat surfaces milled on the top of
the shock absorber rod to facilitate gripping by a spanner for adjustment.
However as there are only two flats you cannot grip with a hexagonal socket,
hence my improvisation.

                         ___

Sean Murray
Wexford