Re: Firewall support

To: Bob Mann <rwmannco@interport.net>
Subject: Re: Firewall support
From: "Eric R. Wittinger" <wittiner@ee.pdx.edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 06:45:00 -0700 (PDT)
I have a question, why go with a support rather then welding up the crack
inthe fire wall, with reenfocing the old weldsor the metal onth inside of
the car at the same time??(no one sees this area much, unless there is
work to be done under the dash.  The supports I have sceen just don't look
that
appealing to me, and for ~$30 you should be able to get it welded???  You
have to take out the Master break cylinder anyways???  The same work, the
same money(possible, free if you can weld) but origonal looking end
result.  If it took 30 years for the crack to appear then it should at
least last for half that time again.   Just some thoughts...

Thanks,
Eric

| Eric R Wittinger                             |
| Pacific Northwest National Laboratory        |
| NSD Radiological and Chemical Sciences Group |
| Web page            www.ee.pdx.edu/~wittiner |
| Email               wittiner@EE.pdx.edu      |
| Email (work)        Eric.Wittinger@pnl.gov   |