Re: Firewall support

To: "Eric R. Wittinger" <wittiner@ee.pdx.edu>
Subject: Re: Firewall support
From: Bob Mann <rwmannco@interport.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 09:54:17 -0400
Whoa.  Perhaps this discussion has lost its focus, but the original
issue was stopping the car.  Brake performance.

The underlying issue isn't the crack, it's the lack of brake feel and
response due to cowl flex, which degrades as the metal fatigues and
ultimately fails.

Welding the cowl does very little to solve the underlying problem, which
is that under heavy application, the cowl simply flexes too much.

- Bob Mann

--
R.W. Mann & Company, Inc.  > Airline Industry Analysis and Consulting
Port Washington, NY  11050 > tel 516-944-0900, fax 516-944-7280