Re: Firewall support

To: "Eric R. Wittinger" <wittiner@ee.pdx.edu>
Subject: Re: Firewall support
From: pkort@cis.picker.com
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 10:18:40 -0400

WOH!!  The brace Stan sells reinforces the firewall so that it doesn't crack.
Just welding the crack will not prevent it from cracking again.  AND, you do NOT
have to remove the Master Cylinder to install Stan's bracket.  It mounts under
the dash inside the car ( and can be installed in ten minutes if you know more
about Datsun's than I do, ... or 30 minutes if you have achieved the same level
of klutz that I have! ).

All comment pertain to late model braces.  I installed one on my 1969 1600.  The
results are immediately noticeable.  If you don't have one ( Stan's or something
similar ) you should.  But why bother to reinvent the wheel!  Call Stan.  TODAY!

Endorsed by:

Paul Kort
1969 SPL311-25812
Ohio Roadster Owners Club

Please respond to "Eric R. Wittinger" <wittiner@ee.pdx.edu>

To:   Bob Mann <rwmannco@interport.net>

I have a question, why go with a support rather then welding up the crack
inthe fire wall, with reenfocing the old weldsor the metal onth inside of
the car at the same time??(no one sees this area much, unless there is
work to be done under the dash.  The supports I have sceen just don't look
that
appealing to me, and for ~$30 you should be able to get it welded???  You
have to take out the Master break cylinder anyways???  The same work, the
same money(possible, free if you can weld) but origonal looking end
result.  If it took 30 years for the crack to appear then it should at
least last for half that time again.   Just some thoughts...

Thanks,
Eric