Re: Rear Brake Swap

To: Joseph Roach <jroach@qualcomm.com>
Subject: Re: Rear Brake Swap
From: Gary Boone <gboone@sisna.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 17:43:23 -0700
Nope, a larger cylinder will exert more force for a given pressure (hydraulic).

 Force=Pressure X Area (derived from Pressure=Force/Area)
If that woman steps on your foot, the force is the same, regardless of her
heel.  The pressure is higher with the high heel because the force is spread
over a smaller area.  Now, if she stepped on you with flat heels, then ate the
whole Thanksgiving turkey, and then stepped on you with her high heels, the
force would be higher with the high heels.
Gary Boone
'70 2000
Cheyenne, WY (WyCROCer)
BSME