Re: Clutch Bleeding -Reply

To: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>, carbuff@nac.net
Subject: Re: Clutch Bleeding -Reply
From: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A. RP2)
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 14:18:41
Brad,  Other than the obvious picking up of impurities,  It was explained
to me that brake fluids are magnets for humidity and that when you run it
through the interaction and activity adds moisture to the fluid and running
it through puts moisture (water) back into your lines.  I was even told
that break fluid shouldn't be used if has been opened for awhile (like I
follow that one).  I figure why take the chance.

Patrick Bowen

At 11:53 AM 1/21/99 -0600, Brad Kahler wrote:
>> PS, one thing I have not seen mentioned in the brake bleeding threads
>> recently ,is that you are NEVER supposed to re-use brake fluid after it
>> has been pumped through the system, as with repeated bleeding.  (I know
>> the temptation is there when you just need 'a little more'.)
>>
>> Is everyone following this rule?
>
>I wouldn't mind knowing the reasoning behind that, especially for a totally
>new brake system.
>
>Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)
>My Web Site Http://www.141.com/triumphs (updated 12/3/98)
>
>1964 Spitfire4 BFC25720L -- 1973 Spitfire 1500 FM3353U
>1962 TR4 CT288L          -- 1959 TR3A TS41311L
>1951 Dodge Truck B-3-B-108

Patrick Bowen
'79 Spitfire
Jacksonville FL