RE: Clutch Bleeding -Reply

To: "Atwell Haines" <carbuff@nac.net>,
Subject: RE: Clutch Bleeding -Reply
From: "Gregory W. Smith" <gsmith@cvn.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 00:24:41 -0500
I believe you CAN reuse brake fluid if it's a "clean catch". I bled mine
with 91% isopropyl alcohol after rebuilding & replacing all rubber,
including hoses and waited until it came out clean at all corners. In fact,
this is a nice thing to do before disassembly, as you ruin NO paint! Then I
ran DOT5 through the system. I'm sure the first part to come out had alcohol
in it, so I didn't reuse the fluid, but I'm sure I could if I was running 3
QUARTS through! (Just throw out the first part before continuing bleeding)

Gregory W. Smith      http://www.cvn.net/~gsmith
Member, Central Pennsylvania Triumph Club
1980 Spitfire 1500 "for the wife" :)
1980 TR7 Spider v8 (in progress)
1980 TR7 30th Anniversary Edition (deceased)