Re: Gear box tunnel padding

To: ScottBarr8@aol.com
Subject: Re: Gear box tunnel padding
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 21:31:43 -0700
While I have the ABS plastic tunnel off my Spit (Adding an OD), I think
I am going to try something I've been thinking about.

There is a urethane foam product that comes in aerosol cans typically
sued in home insulation.

YOu simply spray it on and it grows.  Any excess can be cut off with an
electric knife.  It should stick like glue and not deteriorate from oil
and weather.  The weight should be minimal and its insulating properties
are far superior to the factory stuff.

I'll report on the results as soon as I am finished.

Joe

ScottBarr8@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 4/19/99 4:55:06 AM Central Daylight Time,
> Mike.Hopkins@mis.magna-europa.com writes:
>
> <<
>
>  When I replaced my rather ancient gearbox tunnel the was some rockwool
>  (wall insultation) wrapped in polythene stapled to the old cover, when it
>  was removed the engine sound did increase so I replaced it. Has anyone else
>  come across this, i.e. is it a standard item.
>
>   >>

> My 72 GT6 had the same on its original tunnel cover.  It looked like a home
> remedy and I've always assumed that a PO had put it in there to reduce
> heat/noise from the engine room.
>
> Scott
> ScottBarr8@aol.com
> 72 GT6