Re: Gear box tunnel padding

To: "Keith Burns" <kayak_keith@hotmail.com>, <mgx@spruce.lsd.ornl.gov>
Subject: Re: Gear box tunnel padding
From: "N.A. Campiglia III" <spitdrvr@camalott.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 09:34:50 -0500
Listers,
    I replaced my tunnel cover a few years ago, I put in the fiberglass one
that was sold for a few years.  Knowing that fiberglass is sometimes
attacked by chemicals and oils I obtained some Neoprene, much like the stuff
they put on aircraft radomes to protect from erosion and chemical damage.  I
put 4 coats on it at about 25 mils a coat then I put some closed cell, foil
wrapped insulation under it.  Greatly reduced road noise and heat.

N.A. Campiglia III
http://camalott.com/~spitdrvr
Abilene, TX
'67 Spitfire MKIII