Re: Intakes

To: npenney@mde.state.md.us, owner-spitfires@autox.team.net, spitlist@gte.net,
Subject: Re: Intakes
From: OHFASTONE@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 22:13:22 EDT

In a message dated 6/14/0 9:05:34 AM, npenney@mde.state.md.us wrote:

<<You'd have loved a set of heads I saw last weekend at a Ford show.  Super
wiz bang heads, selling for a gazilion dollars wit the biggest valves that
shouldn't have been fitted.  And I bet those heads generate 20% less power
then stock, or maybe worse.

The heads had been pocketed out until they were pretty close to a half inch
wider then the cylinder bore (a bragging point!).  Not being content with
that incredible mistake, they also included moving the valve guides out and
having the valves in those combustion chamber pockets, shrouding over half
the circumference of the valves (another bragging point!).  The pockets were
straight walled, so the valves could never come out from the shrouding.
Truly amazing.  For the longest time, I couldn'f figure out of those heads
were supposed to be a joke.  They weren't, and the shop wanted many thousands
of dollars for them.>>

You wouldn'y happen to remember the name of the folks who made this automotive
 marvel would you?