Re: Intakes

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Intakes
From: Carter Shore <clshore@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 08:15:43 -0700 (PDT)
Sorry Guys, My bad.
Actually, I realized that I was talking about the
single ZS manifold, not the dual SU.
It's puzzling, since as you point out, the ports on
the head are the same size.
I have 3 manifolds, one large port, 2 small port. The
small ones show circular stains around the port, maybe
1/8" wide, where they were mated to the larger ports
on the head. No attempt to match the ports at all by
the factory!
There have been a couple of these small port manifolds
on eBay, and they show the same stains in the pix.

Obviously, I'm using the large port manifold on my
turbo 1500.

Carter Shore

--- Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net> wrote:
> Carter,
> I just had 4 heads down to the machine shop. 3 were
> from 1500s and one was from an early 1296.  The
> machine shop checked out all 4
> heads and determined that except for the size of the
> valves and the height of the chambers, they were all
> the same.  I had my dual
> Weber intake manifold port matched to the head that
> I ended up using.

Yahoo! Photos -- now, 100 FREE prints!
http://photos.yahoo.com