Re: MOT Time...

To: Gosling_Richard_B@perkins.com
Subject: Re: MOT Time...
From: "Donald H. Locker" <dhl@chelseamsl.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 13:22:27 -0400
> Date: 04 Jul 2000 06:19:57 -0500
> From: Richard B Gosling <Gosling_Richard_B@perkins.com>

[Major snip]

> I will admit that the structural stuff is a bit over-stringent, and I object
>  the law that requires you to wear a seatbelt, and that the check includes
>that
>  - seatbelts are an excellent idea, but wearing them should be a personal
>  choice, not law, as you are risking no-one but yourself.

[another big SNIP]

You may be risking no one but yourself, but when you do get clobbered,
but not killed, and your insurance runs out, and the gummint starts
paying for your care, it is MY taxes that you are using up.  Oh.
Sorry.  You are in the UK where the gummingt(I mean the citizens) pays
for all that stuff anyway.  So if you get clobbered but not killed,
everyone pays anyway.

Now airbags, I could do without.
MHO.
Donald.