Re: MOT Time...

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MOT Time...
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 18:11:31 +0100
Hi Richard,
Sorry to hear your plight with the dreaded MOT test. I would be very careful
about that price for the job, it sounds too low for a proper job and way too
much for the cowboy job.
I would specify that you want the original sills removed before the fitment
of the new sills. Are the new ones proper replacement sills or cover sills?
Either way you want the old ones cut away first, but cover sills are not as
strong (thick) as the originals. If you don't cut the original sills off
first the sandwich will just generate rust and you will be redoing the job
sooner than necessary.

Graham.
2.5 PI MKII
Sprinted Dolomite
2000 MKI
Toledo
1300 Front Wheel Drive
http://www.triumph-iw.co.uk

Still, they say they will do the welding for 270 quid, ignore the VAT