Re: Re: MOT Time...

To: Richard B Gosling <Gosling_Richard_B@perkins.com>
Subject: Re: Re: MOT Time...
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Tue, Jul 4 2000 12:27:52 GMT-0600
This is why so many California cars leave, not just the state, but the country!
No Rust! I know a couple of restoration shops and a couple of car
exporters-most of these 'collectible' cars leave the country entirely after
restoration. (And a great many before restoration!)

Sometimes, it's difficult to find that great old english sportscar on the
market here-cause it's not here! It's in a container!

Another reason why I'd be leary of an MoT law-I would hate to see all the
'Average Joes' squeezed out of the hobby-rather the way the rich and quite well
to do have squeezed the 'Average Joes' out of the ocean facing properties
around here. (Don't even get me started on the California Coastal Comission and
their granting permission to build yet another luxury, $400 a night hotel-this
one on a State beach!!!)

I guess you all have figured out by now-I just don't trust the government to do
right by us 'Average Joe' car hobbyists!

Laura G.