Re: Re:MOT Time...

To: "alemen@pop.ftconnect.com" <alemen@pop.ftconnect.com>
Subject: Re: Re:MOT Time...
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Mon, Jul 3 2000 13:54:24 GMT-0600
>Laura, think what it would do for public transport and the congestion on the
>roads.......

In an ideal world. But, this isn't an ideal world...We have public transport in
Orange County-it stops at 6 or 7 pm. Big help. You might be able to get to
work-but to get home? And Sundays and holidays are hell! Even if you live 5
minutes away, it'll take you at least 30 minutes to get there on the bus. There
are places where they really don't want to hire someone who is dependent on
so-called public transport. If it's between you and a person with a car-they'll
take the person with the car.

It's not like we haven't had a great many years to figure out public
transportation. Remember back in the gas shortage days of the early '70s? We
all thought then that by now there would be better public transportation. (But
we thought back then that by the year 2000, cars would fly!)

We live by the golden rule in this world-he who has the gold makes the rules!

>Also for a 99 Honda - it's got to be under warranty for emissions for what is
>it, 5 or 6 years, so it should be free to fix at a dealership as far as I
>know. At least it is up here in Oregon, then again your in California with
>those different laws....

Maybe. It can be amazing what warrenties do and don't cover when you actually
take the car in.

The new emissions laws here are really stacked, from what I hear from friends
who've gotten the dreaded notice. It used to be that you could just go to the
garage of your choice who was certified to do the emissions testing. But, now
what they do is pick out by lottery those who'll have to go to the State run
testing center. It's scary. Even both my Spitfire mechanic and the Nissan
mechanic we take the Sentra to are afraid of these guys! It's no wonder that
the state of California has all this money in the treasury!

Laura G.