Re: waist seals

To: spitlist@gte.net
Subject: Re: waist seals
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 10:28:29 -0400
It's a very fine flocking on the outer seals.  Nothing like the fuzzy inner
ones.  It's what gives the inner side of those outer seals their flat black
appearance, as opposed to the glossy black on the outer side.  Creates just
enough sliding action so that the seal doesn't curl down or pull down when the
window is rolled down.  You almost need a magnifying glass to see it.

Hadn't heard about rain-x being a problem with paint before.  I think it's just
banana oil.  I'll pay attention in the future.

Might also be able to lubricate the seal by using silicone spray on the glass,
and rolling the window down to lubricate the seal, or just wiping it with a
siliconed finger with the glass fully down.