Radio mounting [Was: Re: period stereo]

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Radio mounting [Was: Re: period stereo]
From: "Eric A. Yates" <eyates@enteract.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 09:36:58 -0500

Has anyone devised a way to mount a non-shaft-style car stereo in the stock
radio location in their Spitfire? I'd love to have a CD player in my '78
(even though I probably wouldn't be able to get a disc in or out except in
2nd or 4th gears). If not, where else can it go? I thought perhaps inside
the passenger side parcel compartment, suspended from above. This may result
in a cleaner look (generally I dislike the appearance of a modern radio in
the dash of a vintage car). Any thoughts, success stories? Also, what about
speaker placement?

Eric.