Re: Radio mounting [Was: Re: period stereo]

To: "Eric A. Yates" <eyates@enteract.com>
Subject: Re: Radio mounting [Was: Re: period stereo]
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Wed, Aug 16 2000 8:56:12 GMT-0600
I'd love to have a CD player in my '78
>(even though I probably wouldn't be able to get a disc in or out except in
>2nd or 4th gears).

I know people who have CD players in their spits-some mounted behind the gear
shift. One or two I've seen mounted in the 'glove' compartment.

(I could have 'upgraded' to a CD player-except that I haven't any CDs nor a CD
player on the house-I just couldn't see having non-compatible systems in house
and spitfire! Sheesh! I'm still slowly replacing all my music that got ripped
off a few years back-now I'm supposed to start all over to go to CDs?)

>Also, what about
>speaker placement?

Funny, I was talking about this last night with a buddy of mine who has a TR4
(a really gorgeous TR4). He complains that he can't hear the stereo in his TR.
His speakers are mounted in the footwell. He had the sudden realization that
all the guys in the club who can hear their stereos have the speakers mounted
in the back! Mine aren't even 'mounted'-their in speaker boxes and sit on the
luggage shelf. And it works great! In fact, at shows and after meetings,
there's always one or two lbc owners who'll take a closer look and ask where I
got the 'neat' speaker boxes! (They're Radio Shack!) Mine have super long wires
on them so that if I'm parked and have a picnic or something, they can be moved
out of the car for musical enjoyment. (That they're moveable also makes
cleaning a breeze!)

Well, hope that this helps!

After spending the weekend looking at stereos and installing it-it's all really
fresh in my mind still!

Laura G. -and 'Nigel'