Re: What Have I done????

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What Have I done????
From: Flinthoof Ponypal <Flinters@picarefy.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 17:37:55 -0700
At 05:19 PM 7/11/01 -0700, Joe Curry wrote:
>I received the manufacturer's shop manual for the S2000 today and looking
at it, I think I have taken on a much larger project than I originally
>thought.
>
>Here are some of the obstacles:
>
>1. The oil pan is deeper at the front rather the rear as on a Spit, so it
appears that the engine will need to be shifted to the rear quite a bit to
>avoid having to modify the frame cross member. This will require a lot of
additional modification to the center part of the firewall.  Nothing that is
>a show stopper for a race car but for a street conversion, it would mean
losing the air box that feeds the heater (if not the heater as well)!

Sounds like the easier solution is to customize the oil pan.  Move the
pickup to the rear of the pan and either custom make the pan or modify the
existing.  It's just sheet metal and wouldn't be that hard to fabricate a
custom one to fit around the cross member.
 |             |   1968 Triumph Spitfire Mk III   *   Furry Artist      |
 |             |   MINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINT!!   |
 |    Canaan   |     ConiFur NorthWest 2001 - Furries in Seattle!       |
 | CONIFUR NW  |   Flinters@picarefy.com * http://jarmac.picarefy.com   |