Re: What Have I done????

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: What Have I done????
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 07:51:14 -0400
Now Joe, if you're going to bait people and then chide them for not knowing
this engine
has a unique finned oil pan, you're not going to keep on getting much help from
them.

Personally, I'm surprized that you're surprized at the difficulties you're
running into.  Of course
the job is going to be hard.  You're ordering an engine that you don't even
know the dimensions
of and trying to install it into an old car.  No one else has done this engine
swap, so you're on
your own completely.  Your troubles haven't even begun yet.  All the electronic
engine controls
and such, that's going to cost you a small fortune, and you may not ever be
able to get it right
in a Spitfire.  So you've got many thousands of dollars to go on this project,
and a whole lot
more blood sweat and tears.  I've seen many projects like this finally be
abandoned because
of the difficulties to the impossibilities of getting it to work.  There is a
reason you don't see
engine conversions like what you're attempting to do.

And when it's all said and done, anyone with a rotary engine in their Spitfire
will still blow you
into the weeds.  For the money you're going to spend, imagine how hot a 13B
engine you
could have built.  And that conversion has been done before, very successfully,
and is well known.

>>> Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net> 07/11 8:19 PM >>>
I received the manufacturer's shop manual for the S2000 today and looking at
it, I think I have taken on a much larger project than I originally thought.