Re: What Have I done????

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>, Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: What Have I done????
From: "Dr. Faustus" <dr_faustus@pcisys.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 02:57:55 -0600
At 11:00 PM 7/11/01 -0700, Joe Curry wrote:
>Since everyone is so convinced that I should modify the beautiful "Finned
aluminum" oil pan, I am sending this to the list!

>I am not so convinced that fooling with that part is such a good idea.  I
am not anxious to start hacking on an engine that is proven to be high
>performance and reliable.  Besides, I very much like the idea of having
the engine located further back in the frame.  After all, this is a dedicated
>autocross car and weight distribution is very important.  The S2000 has a
50/50 weight distribution so that is very much what I would like to
>accomplish.
>
>Regards,
>Joe

You can always turn the gear shift around.  That way it angles forward,
like the AC-Cobra.  I don't recall if the S2000 shift lever is angled much,
it's been about a year since I drove one.  However it should be an easy
part to fabricate.

Andy L.